Using Airplay, you can send STARZ content from an iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV. Any iPhone or iPad that is running the latest iOS can AirPlay content.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the STARZ app on your phone/iPad.
- Select the STARZ title of your choice and press Play.
- When playback starts, tap the screen to see the player controls.
- Then tap the AirPlay icon.
- Select your Apple TV as shown below:
- The stream will take a moment to switch to your Apple TV. The screen on your device might go blank during this time.
- When playback starts on the Apple TV, your phone/iPad will show the player controls and allow you to use your device as a remote control:
- Once the content starts playing on your Apple TV, your phone/iPad will then show the player controls and the title that is playing:
How do I stop AirPlay?
- On your phone/iPad, tap on the playback window, or swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center.
- Then tap on the AirPlay icon.
- Tap the name of your device.
- This will not stop playback but rather divert normal playback back to your phone/iPad, and you can then control it entirely on your device if you wish.
- Airplay doesn't work because your phone/iPad has an older iOS version.
- Airplay doesn't work because your Apple TV is an older model.
- Ensure that the Mirroring option is not selected.
- If you see the video on the Apple TV but don't hear audio, ensure that the Ring/Silent switch is not set to silent on your phone/iPad.